Although the City of Bloomfield Hills does not have an in-house Planning and Zoning Department, it is still well provided for through its contract with the consulting firm of LSL Planning, Inc. Devoted exclusively to the practice of community planning, LSL’s team of dedicated professionals offers guidance to many communities, agencies, institutions and select developers. LSL has been Bloomfield Hills’ planning and zoning consultant since 2004 and provides the following services for the City:
- Review of residential building plans for zoning related issues, including both new construction and expansion of existing dwellings.
- Review of applications and requests before the Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals, including such items as site plans and variances.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and City Commission (as needed).
- Prepare amendments to the City Zoning Code.
- Develop the City’s Master Plan.
- Conduct training seminars for the City’s Boards, Commissions and staff.
- Conduct monthly office hours at City Hall to help citizens and project teams with planning and zoning related matters.
LSL Planning, Inc. has offices in Royal Oak, Grand Rapids and Indianapolis. Brad Strader, Managing Partner, and Brian Borden, Senior Planner, serve as the primary planners for Bloomfield Hills. For more information on LSL Planning or for contact information for Brad or Brian, please visit the LSL website.