Act 54 Building Official
Act 54 Building Inspector
ICC Certified Building Inspector
Act 54 Plan Reviewer
President of SEMBOIA
Past President of OCBOA
The Building Official administrates and interprets the adopted Building Codes and supervises or participates in the inspection of vacant, under construction or occupied buildings, structures and construction sites. The Building Official develops systems to maximize the efficiency of the Building Division and to achieve high quality and safe development in the City of Bloomfield Hills. It is the duty of the Building Official to:
- Prior to issuance of a permit, oversee the application process to ensure that the proposed project meets all necessary zoning and ordinance requirements
- Review all applications, construction plans and building specifications to ensure that all Building code and ordinance requirements are complied with.
- Check for violations of state and local codes and the proper licensing of those individuals installing building components and the electrical wiring, plumbing, heating and refrigeration systems.
- Provide assistance, leadership, direction and motivation to the administrative and inspection staff.
- Conduct or supervise the preparation of a variety of studies, reports and recommendations and coordinates departmental record-keeping activities.
- Issue violation notices or stop-work orders when code violations are observed, and then assist the City Attorney in securing criminal warrants from the County Prosecutor when compliance with law is not achieved.
The Building Official is generally in the office between 8:30am and 10:00am each day, most afternoons and by appointment. It is suggested that you check with the Official for specific availability to avoid conflicts with scheduled administrative meetings or other appointments. Direct telephone number: 248-530-1408
Code Enforcement Officer - Officer Patrick Krease
Retired Detective, Bloomfield Township Police Department
M.A. in Criminal Justice, University of Detroit
Member: Michigan Association of Code Enforcement Officers
The Code Enforcement Officer in the Building Department enforces City ordinances. If you have any complaints regarding abandoned vehicles or abandoned homes, junk and debris, weed or vermin control, or any other nuisances, contact the officer by calling (248) 530-1410.
Electrical Inspector - Frank Everingham (Direct line: 530-1440)
Act 54 Electrical Inspector
Act 54 Plan Reviewer
Licensed Master Electrician
Member, Reciprocal Electrical Council
Member, International Association of Electrical Inspectors
Fire Inspector - Andrew (Andy) Wallace (Direct line: 530-1409)
Act 54 Certified Fire Inspector
ICC Certified Fire Inspector
NFPA Certified Fire Inspector
Member of Macomb County Fire Prevention Association
Member of Oakland County Fire Prevention Society
Mechanical Inspector - Charles (Charlie) Ford (Direct line: 530-1527)
Act 54 Mechanical Inspector
Licensed Mechanical Contractor (25 years)
Degree in Climate Control Technology
Plumbing / Mechanical Inspector - Ken Borcyz (Direct line: 530-1528)
Act 54 Certified Plumbing Inspector
Act 54 Certified Mechanical Inspector
Act 54 Certified Plan Reviewer