GFL Waste Hauler
The City of Bloomfield Hills has a contract for residential waste and recycling services with Green for Life Environmental (GFL). GFL Customer Service can be reached at 844-464-3587 or via email at email@example.com
GFL offers three levels of service options for city residents:
Curbside Service requires waste and recycling to be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the day of pickup.
Doorside Service will be collected at your designated door by 7:00 a.m. on the day of pickup.
Inside service will be collected inside the designated location by 7:00 a.m. on the day of pickup.
- City residents west of Woodward Avenue have weekly collection on Tuesday.
- City residents east of Woodward Avenue have weekly collection on Wednesday.
Items must be contained within a recycling bin and ready for pickup by 7:00 a.m. Additional recyclables may be placed beside the bin in a clear plastic bag.
Items able to be recycled:
- Cardboard & Paper Bags
- Paperboard, Magazines & Catalogs
- Junk Mail
- Steel & Tin Cans
- Clear & Colored Glass
- Kitchen Cookware
- Aluminum Cans
- Plastic Jugs
- Household Plastic (#1 - #7)
Items Not Allowed for Recycling
- Plastic Bags
- Paper Milk or Juice Containers
- Styrofoam Containers
- Garbage / Compost Food Waste
- Propane Tanks
- Paint Cans
- Medical Waste / Syringes
- Flammable Liquids
- Household Cleaners
- Chemicals (Dry or Liquid)
- Wood Items
- Electrical Cords / Batteries
- Garden Hoses
Bulk Waste must be curbside by 7:00 a.m. along with solid waste.
GFL will pick up the following:
- Hot Water Tanks
- Air Conditioners
- Carpet must be rolled up and secured with rope or tape and not to exceed 4 ft. in length or 60 lbs in weight per roll.
The following bulk items will not be picked up:
- Industrial equipment
Please note: All doors and racks must be removed from appliances
Call 844-464-3587 to pay your bill or mail check to:
P.O. Box 554759
Detroit, MI 48255-7459
Annual Payment Incentive
Residents that pay for solid waste collection on an annual basis in advance will receive the 12th month free if payment is received by March 31st of the contract year.