Is there any relief in taxation for Senior Citizens?
You may apply for a summer deferment which will allow you to pay without penalty until February 14th of the current tax year. There is a income limitation per household in order to qualify. This form must be filed each tax year by the summer tax due date. The Application for the Deferment of Summer Taxes is available at the Treasurer's Office or on the State of Michigan's website.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Principal Residence Exemption Affidavit, and why do I have to file it?
2. What is a Property Transfer Affidavit?
3. My accountant tells me that I do not qualify for a homestead, should I still file it?
4. I no longer have a business in the City of Bloomfield Hills, yet I am still receiving tax bills for the personal property. Why is this?
5. When are taxes delinquent?
6. What is the Millage rate in Bloomfield Hills?
7. If I do not receive my tax bill and I miss the due date am I liable for the interest and penalties?
8. Is there any relief in taxation for Senior Citizens?
9. If the SEV decreases, will I pay more or less in property taxes?
10. Why won’t my taxes decrease if my property value is going down?