Fill Out A Police Report
- Call the police non-emergency phone number 248-644-4200 and request that an officer be sent to your location.
- Come in to the front desk at the public safety building anytime of day to speak with an officer.
- Fill out a report online.
Online police reports may be made for the following types of incidents:
- Harassing Phone Calls (No known suspects)
- Identity Theft (No known suspects)
- Larceny/Theft (No known suspects and not a home or business entered illegally)
- Lost Property
- Malicious Destruction of Property/Vandalism (No known suspects)
- Private Property Traffic Crashes
- Accidental/Non-Intentional Property Damage
Making a Report
Please make sure that you have all information needed at the time that you make your report. For example: Private Property Traffic Crashes will require driver information, registration and insurance for both parties (unless hit and run).
Be Sure to Include
Please ensure that you provide thorough accurate information. Those details should include:
- The location of the incident:
- It is important that you confirm that the incident you are reporting actually occurred within the city limits of Bloomfield Hills. If you report an incident in Bloomfield Township, West Bloomfield or Bloomfield Village, we will not take the complaint and your information will be discarded.
- View a map of the city limits.
- The time frames in which the incident occurred.
- How you became aware of the incident.
- A description of what happened.
- Any vehicle, insurance, or account information that is needed depending on the type of incident report.
Once you have submitted your information you will be given a temporary reference number. You will not be able to obtain a copy of your report using the temporary reference number.
Your report will be reviewed within 3 to 5 business days. Once it is approved you will receive an Email with your incident number and instructions on how you can obtain a copy of your report. View the file report online.
Online reporting is for your convenience only. The department is happy to take your report in person if you prefer, simply call dispatch at 248-644-4200 or stop in to the front desk.